Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, July 5, 2007

I'M A BIG BOY NOW!!

"What did you guys say this thing was for??"
"EATING?? ALL RIGHT!!! Where's the grub?"

"What is this??"



"HELP ME!! Please call the center for child abuse...this stuff is AWFUL!!!"



"Seriously...I don't care how many times you shove it back in my mouth...I'm not gonna eat it!!"



"HELP!!!"






"Okay...I've had enough of this..."






"You think this is FUNNY??"





"Now this is what I'm talking about...bring on the childhood obesity!!!"



For those of you wondering, John Parker had his first taste of "big boy" food today. As you can tell by the lovely faces, he did NOT really know what to think about his "green beans." (I say that because they did not resemble green beans in any way!) He went to the doctor for his 4 month check-up and second round of shots. John Parker handled the shots really well...he shot me a glance that broke my heart...but I stayed strong (this time) and didn't cry! He even laughed and smiled at the doctor after his shots...don't know what that was about...guess he was practicing his flirting skills... He is now 26 1/2 inches long, 14lbs 15oz, and his big gourd head is 44cm!! I just KNOW he's gonna be the next Einstein with that big ole watermelon head!!
But seriously...if anyone has any suggestions as to the "best-tasting" baby food (that's an oxymoron cause apparently they all taste like crap...) please feel free to let me know. I wanted to introduce veggies first so he would have to give them a chance...I hear all babies like fruits. Let me know what is best!!

7 comments:

The Segrest Family said...

Camp LOVED sweet potatoes and carrots= he did have a nice tan there for awhile! (they cause the skin to turn a bit orange) also, remember that when you introduce a new food- feed it to them for three days in a row - in case they are allergic, you will know what is causing the allergy. and of course, camp loved the fruits! he never liked green beans that much and he HATED PEAS!

The Segrest Family said...

oh yeah- he liked squash too. that's my boy- lovin those starchy veggies!

lauren said...

I can't believe I missed that!!! I'm so sad. He's not even going to remember me when I finally get back! Well, he'll have to put up with me in Gulf Shores for 4 days!

Anonymous said...

He's too cute! Miller is still talking about how good he is. Although, he would disagree about the whole Einstein thing- the boys think he we definately be a boxer. Let's get together again soon!
-Rebekah

The Benjamins said...

I love your commentary of John Parker's first eating experience. I am not too excited about the nasty looking baby food!

Anonymous said...

Thank goodness for new pictures! I was about to have to call you....You know I don't know anything about baby food. So I'll not comment on that, I'll let you tell me when I need it sometime in the future! Love u!

The Family Bond said...

My boys ate the meat mixtures. example...ham/apples. also, they sometimes would eat their veggies better if I mixed it with cereal. Make the cereal as usual (formula (or whatever you are using and cereal.) They also liked sweet potatoes. My mom said she used to put the veggie on the spoon and then dip it in a fruit...we tasted the fruit first. It worked on us. some of his reaction is because it's so new. Good luck. if you read my blog "who needs a movie with dinner when.." you will see it doesn't get much easier, just entertaining.