Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Monday, March 19, 2007

Back to Reality

Today I had to go back to school...It was the first time I left John Parker...I am happy to report I only teared up on the way to clinical. After I got to the floor and got busy, I was fine. Apparently John Parker was fine too because he decided to meet TWO milestones today without his mommy. First, his little plastibell (from his circumcision) fell off. Then, his umbilical cord fell off. Next thing I know he's gonna have his first tooth and take his first step without me there...

In other news, Scrappy, the Mini Yorkie, was chasing his mini soccer ball yesterday and it got stuck behind the couch (as usual). Instead of digging it out he found the extension cord and clamped down on it. This action led to him being shocked! Thank goodness my dad was right there to "rescue" him. He ended up peeing on himself (the dog, not my dad...) and he was a little shaken up...but he's back to his old self now. Thank goodness nothing worse happened!

1 comment:

Will and Carley said...

I thought about you having to go back to "the real world" today...But it sounds like you did GREAT! Yay "Mommy Leah"!!