Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, March 15, 2007

The True Joys of Motherhood

Nobody ever shares the TRUE joys of motherhood with pregnant women or women trying to get pregnant. I have been breastfeeding John Parker and let me tell you...it is QUITE AN EXPERIENCE! First of all, you lose whatever modesty you had before because if little sweet pea is hungry...you GOTTA feed them NOW (no matter where you are or what you were doing.) Second...I realized last night that I have my first hickey...and my sweet little son gave it to me...how WEIRD!! Everytime he gets hungry he starts to snort if I wait too long to feed him and then when he finally latches on...it's some kinda awful!!! It looks like he is about to rip my boob off with his little gums!! The other night he missed my boob and I promise you I heard his little gums snap together like a venus fly trap! It's really quite scary at times! But, all-in-all, I really enjoy my "special" time with him. It is a very different experience but I think the benefits for him far outweigh my modesty and fears (of his kung fu death grip!) Hopefully one day he'll find the cure for cancer or end world hunger all because I breastfed him...

1 comment:

Will and Carley said...

Ahhh, Leah you are so funny! LOVE the blog, John Parker is just too sweet =)