Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Saturday, March 17, 2007

John Parker's first check-up

Yesterday marked a milestone for little John Parker...his first doctor's visit! The nurse weighed JP and he has climbed to a measly 8lbs 9oz...(remember he weighed 9lbs 1oz at birth). He is in the 50th percentile for weight. Which means that 50% of children his age weigh more than him. Then she measured his length and he is now 22 1/4 inches long!! (he was 20 3/4 at birth!) He is in the 90th percentile for length! His head circumference was in the 75th percentile for babies his age. So basically what we learned at the doctor's office is this: My son is going to be a tall, skinny nerd because...surely he's packing a BIG brain in that HUGE head of his!! I'm still hoping he solves all the problems of the world...guess we will hafta wait and see!!


On another note...just a little FYI: Sport, my Jack Russell/rat terrier mix (who is 13 years old) has had diarrhea for the last couple of days. We (and when I say WE I mean my mother) have not onlybeen cleaning up little John Parker's bottom (while I know he IS a genius, he has not yet mastered the art of not pooping on himself...but I think he's working on it!) but now we get to clean up after Sport! Fun times!!! Hopefully Sport will get to feeling better (quickly) cause I think we are all getting tired of his little "surprises!"

No comments: